Volunteer Honorarium Policy
Carina Leagues Redsox Baseball Club relies on the unpaid work of volunteers and values their contribution highly. Almost every role at the Club is undertaken on a volunteer basis.
This policy is intended to ensure that there is clarity around the payment of honorariums or the reimbursement of expenses for volunteers working at Carina Leagues Redsox Baseball Club.
Carina Leagues Redsox Baseball Club values the role of volunteers as essential to the Club. Volunteers are respected for their skills and talents. This policy applies to all volunteers at the Club, long and short-term as well as the Club Management Committee.
In order to meet the Club’s strategic objectives and to ensure the ongoing operations and success of the club there are certain roles that the management committee may agree should receive a financial reward.
The club does not reimburse any members, volunteers or officials for costs of travel or out-of-pocket expenses unless they have been pre-approved by the management committee.
The club relies on the skills and talents of its members, families and friends. People in our community volunteer their time as coaches, umpires, scorers and team managers. We also rely our people to help with field maintenance and canteen duty amongst other things. Whilst most roles are unpaid there are a number of roles that receive honorariums.
Roles that receive honorariums:
- Director of Coaching (private agreement)
- Division 1 head coach (private agreement)
- Division 1 and 2 scorer (CABS Level 2) ($25/game)
- Club association umpires (yellow or blue shirts) when umpiring Division 1 or 2 games (honorarium in accordance with standard QBUA rates)
- Club association umpires (yellow or blue shirts) when umpiring Division 3 – 6 and Masters games ($40 for plate and $25 for base)
- Club association umpires (younger than 18 years) (yellow or blue shirts) when umpiring junior level games ($25/game)
Roles that receive non-cash benefits:
- CABS Level 1 or 2 scorers after scoring Division 3 and below games are to be given a $20 canteen voucher/game
All volunteers shall be reimbursed for all pre-approved expenditure incurred in the exercise of their functions. Pre-approval must be given via the Management Committee via a majority of votes.
- Financial Transactions Policy